Popular Posts

Monday, January 30, 2012

This evening my family tried HEB Brand Classic Selections: Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo- Skillet Meal For Two.



First of all we cut the bag open and pulled out another clear pouch filled with all the ingredients. It had chicken breat strips with rib meat and fettuccine, mushrooms and tomatoes with alfredo sauce. All in one bag. Which was nice. I don't normally like when you open a package and there are four different packages that you drop into the mix and certain optimal times, or else the whole product will turn out terrible. So this works for me.

I only had to cook it up for 10 minutes, nice and fast. My son could smell the pasta from upstairs and commented how great it smelled. He new it was pasta, that's a good sign.

When I removed the pasta from the pan it smelled very aromatic, it made my mouth water. I served two small plates with a small amount left over, not too bad. We all were able to eat. My Grandmother , Lita, liked the ingredients, but felt the pasta was a little too al dente. My son, Noah, scarfed it down like there was no end. I think he liked it:). He said he liked the cheesiness of the alfredo. When I took my first forkfull, I immediatly noticed how wonderfully creamy and cheesy it was. I could actually see the stringy cheese stretch from my fork to my mouth and it was great! It had a hint of tangyness in the flavor, very delectable for the taste buds. The chicken was in strips, so much better than cubes, it actually tasted pretty close to natural. The mushrooms and tomatoes were cut pretty small but definitely added to the savory flavor of the dish.

Overall, I really liked the HEB Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo! We will certainly purchase this meal again. Maybe I'll cook some of the pasta a bit more for Lita, but the rest of us are sold. Tomorrow we will try another HEB Classic Selection product.....stick around to see what's next.

2 comments: